top of page

WeighBridge (Rochdale)

How It Works:

Drive in to our Rochdale Branch.

If you have a large amount of ferrous, let a member of staff know you would like to use the weighbridge. You will receive a paper ticket, take this to our office and get a waste transfer.

Get Paid!

Upon your first visit we will make you an account in order to be paid (this is a legal requirement)

You will need:

  • Valid Form Of ID / Proof Of Address (Passport/Driving License)

  • Contact Number

  • Vehicle Registration

  • Bank Details - Sort Code & Account Number (For BACS Transfer Customers)

We have strict GDPR (General Data Policy Regulations) and cannot disclose your information to anyone or use it for anything other than to pay you.


In order to be paid VAT extra we will also need:

  • VAT Registration Number

  • Email Address (For VAT invoices)

We offer multiple forms of payment: (Paying out in cash was made illegal in 2013)

  • BACS Transfer - Into Your Bank Same Day

  • KYC Cash Card - Instantly Loaded Onto Card (available for customers without bank accounts)

  • Cheques - Available At Our Rochdale site.

You will receive a paper waste transfer this can also be emailed.

Same Day Payments:

England and Wales Legislation:

The Scrap Metal Dealers Act (SMDA) 2013 came into force on 1 October 2013 when new licence applications to work as a dealer were first accepted by local councils. The newer Act repealed earlier Acts and created a revised regulatory regime for the scrap metal recycling and vehicle dismantling industries in England and Wales.

It is illegal for anyone to buy scrap metal using cash. Instead, dealers can pay using a crossed cheque, a prepaid card system or an electronic transfer of funds.

Scrap metal dealers must also verify the identity of all sellers. Sellers must bring either a valid photographic ID that also sets out their full residential address or a formal document such as a utility bill and a valid photographic ID. Valid forms of ID include a passport and photocard driving licence. Acceptable formal documents include bank or building society statements, utility bills or council tax documents.

bottom of page